Fat and Cellulite Reduction
Lipodissolve Injections (Mesotherapy) are an injection of medication, homeopathic medicine, vitamins, plant extracts, or other substances directly into cells under the skin. Aesthetic Mesotherapy works by breaking up fat in cells that is then excreted through the body via the lymphatic system.
At American Regenerative Clinic we inject exclusively Phosphatidylcholine (PC) and Sodium Dexycholate (DC). PC is an emulsifier that makes up 40% of the human cell membrane. PC is a natural substance that is even FDA approved for use in food and is also naturally found in egg yolks, as well as other foods. DC is a bile salt constituent that is made naturally in the human liver and used to break down the fats found in our food. When injected together, PC and DC work to break down the fat in our fat cells from a hard mass into a more liquid state that can then be passed through the body and eventually excreted.
Lipodissolve Injection is a minimally invasive procedure that is a great alternative to surgical liposuction. In fact, liposuction is proven to be ineffective at eliminating cellulite and it can often make cellulite more prominent. Liposuction works by removing fat cells, while Mesotherapy removes the fat from the fat cell; making it a very safe and effective alternative. Lipodissolve Injection patients experience no downtime, minimal bruising and pain, and are able to maintain their cellulite and fat loss with proper nutrition and exercise. Liposuction on the other hand is a surgical procedure, requiring two or more weeks of down time, significant bruising and pain, weight gain in abnormal places post procedure and many possible complications ranging from serious infection to possible death.
The results of Lipodissolve Injections are long lasting; however, we cannot fully prevent aging. Follow up procedures may be necessary for some patients. These follow up procedures are done on an as-needed basis. To achieve maximum results, it is important for the patient to follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen.
Lipodissolve Injections can be used successfully on many trouble areas of the body including; love handles, stomach, saddle bags, bra bulge, inner thigh, buttocks, abdomen, double chin, face, neck, back, and waist. We understand that even with proper diet and exercise some areas of the body are just too stubborn. Whether you need to reduce cellulite for bikini season, tighten the abdomen post-baby, or just need a little chin reduction, Lipodissolve Injection is a safe, effective and minimally invasive treatment for unwanted fat deposits. So there is no need to feel unhappy with these little trouble-spots or go under the knife to correct them!
Lipodissolve Injections Pre-Procedure Guidelines
Please read the instructions below carefully.
• Discontinue Anti-Inflammatory medication (Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, and Aspirin) at least 3-4 days before your procedure.
• Discontinue any blood thinners or any herbs, supplements or vitamins 1-2 weeks before your procedure.
• Discontinue Systemic Steroids (Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, etc.) 1-2 weeks before your procedure. Steroid Injections (cortisone) should be discontinued at least 1 month before your procedure.
• Drink lots of water, especially the day of your procedure.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to call our office at 248-876-4242.
Lipodissolve Injections Post Procedure Guidelines
Please read the following steps carefully.
0-7 Days Post Lipodissolve Injection:
• It is recommended that the patient rest the day of the procedure. However, after the first 24 hours exercise is highly recommended to help achieve maximum results.
• Wash with anti-bacterial soap for two days following your treatment. A cool shower or compress will soothe any irritated areas.
• Drink at least 64 ounces of water every day to help your body flush out fats that have been broken down. Water does not mean tea, coffee, sodas or juice.
• Mild inflammation, bruising and tenderness may occur. Bruising may last from 3-7 days.
• It is normal for the localized fat in the treatment area to change consistency due to the bop layer of fat cells breaking down and leaving the cell walls.
• Do not consume alcoholic beverages for the first 7 days following your procedure.
• Avoid smoking. Smoking delays healing and can increase the risk of complications.
• DO NOT TAKE systemic steroids such as; Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, etc. for at least 2 weeks following your procedure.
• Do not take hot baths or go to saunas during the first few days following your procedure.
1-4 Weeks Post Lipodissolve Injection:
• Continue to increase your exercise, especially of the treated area of the body. Exercise will aid the body in fat burning after your procedure.
• Continue to drink 64 ounces of water every day to help your body flush out fats that have been broken down.
4 Weeks Post Lipodissolve Injection:
• Your next Lipodissolve Injection session should be schedule for 4 weeks after your procedure.
If you have any questions, at any time after your procedure, you are welcome to call our office at 248-876-4242.